Casein Protein – Night Time Snacker!

Casein Protein

This protein makes up 80 percent of the protein in cow’s milk, the other 20 percent is whey. Casein is primarily the protein found in those oh so good cheeses we all love to consume. There are many good reasons to add this protein to our meal plans to help our health and fitness goals. Research shows that:

  • it supplies our bodies with a steady stream of amino acids for hours.
  • may aid with appetite control due to slow gastric emptying time
  • helps aid protein synthesis during long periods of not eating such as sleeping

Some great sources of Casein protein are:

  • Cottage cheese¬†which is easy and convenient
  • Cheese strings are an easy snack with a handful of nuts or a piece of fruit
  • Casein Protein Powder comes in delicious flavors ¬†(You can make a great low fat pudding just mix with stevia and organic greek yogurt)
  • Muscle Plus Labs Myogen mixed with organic greek yogurt